How to Save $$$ Without Losing Your Social Life
Your early twenties is this really weird time where you want to do everything but have next to no extra money to do anything. After a long 8 hour day, the only thing you want to do is grab a drink with your gal pals or go get a mani pedi and wash (or drink) away the day. Then reality catches up with you and reminds you that rent is due in a week, to save money for groceries, pay tuition so you can get a real job with a real salary. Even though money may be tight it doesn't mean that you have to sit a home and twiddle your thumbs while your friends go on exotic trips and drink fancy drinks. Chances are, they are looking for ways to save dat money and still have a good time too.
- Go to happy hour. Most places' happy hour is from 3-6 and if you live in a college town like me, reverse happy hour is 9-11pm! Instead of paying $8 for a watered down cocktail with, spend half the price with an appetizer right after work.
- Have a movie night at home instead of going to the theater. Browse Netflix or run to the Red Box and grab a flick for you and your beau to watch at home. BONUS: you can wear your pjs and drink wine (and not be judged by strangers!)
- Watch for sales at the grocery store and make your favorite meal instead of going out to eat at a restaurant. One of mine and nick's favorite things to do is watch when seafood goes on sale, find a tasty looking pinterest recipe and make the meal ourselves.
- Make an at home spa instead of paying to go to a real one. Grab a bath bomb or some epson salt to have a relaxing bath. Put on a face mask, your favorite tunes, and a pretty bottle of nail polish and you can wash the day away without washing out your funds until next paycheck.
- If you are itching to get outta town, consider taking a road trip or check out sites such as group on or living social for some killer deals.
What are ways you save money without losing your social life? Let's chat in the comments!